Purchasing a laptop that is available in plenty of models is always a fussy task. One prefers paying high for the best features, and one prefers paying less and compromise with features.
Thus, laptop buying process largely depends on the personal needs and budget of an individual.
The positivity that consumer feels in preferring laptops over desktops (PC) has made the pre-trending PCs outdated. Besides, the laptop prices have been depreciating effectively over a period of few years, making laptop an easy choice to buy.
But the big question is which laptop is best for you? This guide will answer this.
The motto of this guide is to present the ultimate benefits from buying a laptop in front of those who still are busy getting their tasks somehow done on desktop PCs.
The guide will also show tips & tricks of buying the best laptop. Points to be focused in this A to Z Laptop buying manual would be the ease in accessibility, compatibility, performance etc.
Table of contents
- Top 10 Laptops You Can Buy In India
- How to Quickly Choose the Best Laptop
- Top Laptop Brands
- Purpose of Buying the Laptop
- 8 Main Things to Look When Buying a Laptop
- Gaming vs. Professional vs. 2-in-1 Laptops
- What’s Better Windows or MAC OS?
- Shop Online or In-Store
- Final Thoughts
Top 10 Laptops You Can Buy In India
As talked earlier, It becomes very difficult when you have hundreds of laptops to choose from. In such case, a list of top 10 laptops is a big savior of time and effort. Right !
I have compiled a list of top ten notebook PCs in India, it will ease down the process of laptop purchase for you.
You can thank me later for this. 😉
Note: Price fluctuates everyday, click on the link to find the current price.
How to Quickly Choose the Best Laptop
Laptop has proved to be an essential gadget of the modern time. The intelligent machine is so wisely designed that anyone can easily carry one always. It has that efficiency to handle all the serious works on a number of supporting applications.
If you are on a hurry to find the best laptop for yourself then Amazon has a great tool that helps you pick the right laptop.
Click on the image below to use the tool. After clicking scroll down a bit to locate the tool.
Though the tablets and smart phones have been entertaining the market well enough yet the best picks are still done as laptops where gaming and work both can be done comfortably. Solving both the indoor and outdoor purposes with a unit gadget is one of the best things related with laptops.
Buying a laptop involves plenty of things to be checked. Certain aspects like brand, quality, size, color, configuration and more makes laptop buying a challenge. But in this guide we will help you to quickly choose the best laptop.
Top Laptop Brands
The brands you purchase defines the quality of the laptop. Top picks can be classified as
Purpose of Buying the Laptop
The world is moving fast and so are humans. In this fast moving planet laptop has been turned to be an essential gadget in most of the shelters.
Almost everyone in India has a laptop nowadays, due to the increasing digitization of government services, utilities and social media people feel the need of having a laptop.
Most of the people in India use their laptop for work, entertainment, gaming, internet browsing etc. But every person has different needs, thus, the purpose of buying a laptop can vary person to person.
Many of the people require laptop just to pass their time during weekends and holidays and some percentage get one as a means of earning whereas a good percentage of people require laptop throughout their working hours.
So, you need to decide what are you getting laptop for? What is the main objective of buying a laptop? When you know your purpose with for buying a laptop, you can select a good configuration with a better price bracket.
☑ Normal Home Purpose
☑ Heavy Office Purpose
☑ Study Purpose (For Students)
Avail No Cost EMI, Get Exchange Offers
Getting a laptop requires plenty of planning to make best use of money as the variety available is plenty and you need to pick the best for your purpose. Mentioned below is the complete A to Z laptop guide which will make your purpose of purchasing a laptop solved with much ease and comfort.
8 Main Things to Look When Buying a Laptop
There are many things that you should look before making a laptop device purchase, here I am listing 8 top things.
1. Laptop Size
Size remains one of those components which primarily need to be checked while laptop purchase. You should remember that size always matters because size is the main factor that decide whether a laptop is portable or not. Smaller size laptop is easier to carry compared to the larger one.
Laptops are generally classified with display sizes. The size of the thinnest and least weighted laptop ranges mostly from 11 to 12 inches, weighing 1 to 1.5 kg approximately.
Laptops having 13 to 14 inches display is considered providing best portability and performance.
Next is the most popular size, the 15 inches display which offers best performance and is suitable for those who don’t often carry gadget along with.
People who have a fixed place for laptops may prefer 17 to 18 inches display machine for experiencing top class processing power supporting games and heavier applications.
What’s the most important part in humans? I guess the brain. Processor acts as the brain of laptops. Knowing the processor you are purchasing is very important. There is a varied range of processors available at multiple prices.
Consumer needs to identify the purpose of his/her purchase which the processor selection much easier. Whenever you make any of the laptop purchases, having good knowledge of the appropriate processor is must.
The processor being the brain of the computing system needs to be suitable for solving the desired purpose. The processor is available in varied ranges like:
- Intel Core i5: Anyone who is looking for a device reasonable in price and fluent performance can pick any one of the Intel core i5 CPU. Also this category is classified into certain models. The most suitable out of them remains those ending with U like the Core i5-7200U, Core i5-8250U etc.Customers must avoid i5 processor having Y in their names as they are generally supposed to provide worst performance and also are low power. Models with HQ are quality ones which most of the play stations have been installed with.
- Intel Core i7: Taking gaming and the productivity to the next level is the major advantage of the Intel core i7 processor. This step up of the i5 processor uses higher wattage and has four cores providing speed to ones program. The i7 core processor also includes the i7 Y series which is mostly of lower power and performance.The best of the time is available with series having 8 in model number like the Intel Core i7 8250U which serves the latest features installed in the 8th generation core series.Moreover the 8th generation core series in only available U models providing top class performance and productivity.
- Intel Core i3: The Intel Core i3 processor costs somewhat lesser than the i5 and so the performance and productivity differs.Those who do not have to run heavy programs may get their purpose solved with an i3 processor but going with the expert’s advice defines that one should invest some more and get an i5 only if the financial budget allows you to.Difference between the prices is not so far yet one can try and get the best of two for experiencing best gaming and programming.
- AMD Ryzen Mobile: This very category is designed to complete meet the power of the i5 and i7 processors. The category has not yet blown the market but looks like will be a part of competition after quality productivity.One can go with this one but the examples are less as compared to i5 and i7 processor who have been involved with ample of success stories.
- Intel Pentium/ Celeron: The Intel Pentium or the Celeron processor is quite common with laptops ranging at lower prices.This processor being cheaper offer least performance and productivity but can be very suitable for those who have work like web surfing and short term editing.Getting a purpose solved and getting a powerful gadget are different things. Those who can raise somewhat budget can go with i5 else Celeron can offer similar things at lesser prices.
- Intel Xeon: Used in production houses and multi gaming workstations, the Intel Xeon processor serves users with high class performance and quality. Of all the processors, Xeon tops the table and solve tasks like 3D modelling, high class engineering, professional programming and many more.The gadget may solve top class purposes but is quite heavier and has a lesser battery life. Not easily portable but yes the most quality processor, Xeon is offering people a good sense of modification and quality management.
RAM or the Random Access Memory of the laptop is also an essential thing to consider while purchasing a notebook. RAM is somewhat directly related with speed of your laptop device. So, you must pay good attention to RAM before making any decision.
Using a laptop with 2 GB RAM would provide lesser speed as compared to 4 GB and more. Selecting RAM of your laptop depends largely on the purpose of purchase.
♦ If you just want to use laptop for surfing, content writing, mailing etc then you can manage with 2 GB. But my personal suggestion is “Don’t go for 2 GB RAM option”. I know 2GB RAM equipped laptop cost less but 2GB RAM configuration is already outdated.
After 2 years of usage your laptop will start slowing down and you will be forced to upgrade the RAM. So, I would suggest you to start looking for a laptop that has minimum 4GB RAM.
♦ If you work in IT industry or planning to use your laptop for heavy tasks like graphic designing, software development then you should get at least 8 GB RAM for best speed and performance.
♦ If you are a hardcore gamer then 8 GB RAM would be enough but you would have to add a high quality graphic card (at least 2 GB capacity) into the laptop configuration.
Anyway, if you want higher RAM then 16GB option is available but these laptop would naturally cost high. I would suggest you to invest according to your need after all you want to spend money wisely.
If you already have a laptop and want to upgrade the RAM then you should look at these RAM brands:
Transcend, Hynix, Samsung, Kinston, OCZ, Mushkin, Micron, Corsair etc
Playing more important role than the speed of your laptop, the storage device needs to be well planned for better performance. A solid state drive is best of the kind and brings thrice the speed and performance than a hard drive.
Those who can invest this much should go with SSD for experiencing high class speed and productivity. There are categories among the SSDs like PCle X4 units which offer intense speed to the users.
Pixels play important part on-screen. The number of pixels you have decides the clarity you are going to have on-screen. More the pixels, clearer the image will be.
Generally, the most commonly used laptops have 1366*768 clarity which can be easily overruled by 1920*1080 pixel configurations; in case there is no budget issue then the full HD or the 1920*1080 pixel configuration is best to purchase.
Many of the high ranging laptops even have pixel configuration like 2560 x 1600, 3200 x 1800 or even 3840 x 2160 which uses more power and diminishes the life of a battery.
Being one of the features, choosing right display is must but you can even get your tasks done at lower pixel ratio hence spending too much on display is not a good option for people who have issues with the budget.
6. Operating Systems
The heart of the laptop is its operating system that handles all the hardware and software covering files, memories and devices connected.
An operating system makes interaction of the user with his/her gadget possible. Operating systems are categorized as –
- OS X – Installed in the Mac computers, the OS X operating system is an exceptional version providing best performance and larger battery life to the device.Mac laptops have least connections with malware and viruses’ thereby providing effective performance and longer life.Laptops installed with OS X ranges quite higher and require major purpose for its purchase. High class programming is best done on the OS based operating system.
- Windows – Windows is another operating system which is mainly designed around a touch screen interface. The windows operating systems enhance the navigation option of the gadget and allow smooth functioning and performance.The very exciting hello feature in windows allows you to open your device with just a touch or a look and no need to password is anymore there.Almost eighty percent of the users get their purpose solved with the windows operating system which is best rated till date. Professional gaming and editing is mostly done on Windows.
- Chrome OS – One of the best operating systems for web surfing is the Chrome OS. It allows you to handle social platforms in best quality and quality mail management is served.Sharing photos and documents with friends and family becomes much easier. The format is not that suitable for gaming and high class editing and hence is not being used on many of the systems.
Battery is not an issue to worry a lot as one generally places such gadgets close to the place from where charging connections can be made comfortably.
Devices with higher configuration require charging more than the least configured gadget.
Focusing too much on battery while laptop purchase is not essential as other major issues are plenty to treat well and make the best selection.
There are lots of features that you look in a laptop, these features make a laptop’s performance better.
⚬ Keyboard– Keyboard is not that essential part to look while making a laptop purchase. The factor is must for those who have a lot of typing work on daily basis.
If you have prepared your fingers for full length keyboard then purchasing that one is a good plan. If you don’t need to have any good connections with the keys then preferring choices according to rest aspects is much better.
⚬ Touchpad– Touch pad is another factor related with laptop purchase. Though it does not make a large difference yet choosing a better version is a wise decision.
Touchpad with buttons to press are supposed to be of shorter life than without buttons. Touch pad without buttons require simple finger touch for operation and also provides better life to the gadget.
⚬ Connectivity– Connectivity remains one of those important aspects around which the entire work field depends. Making a proper chain of working systems needs splendid connectivity for getting exceptional results.
One must make sure his/her purpose of use from where the selection of appropriate gadget becomes easier. You should get that one home which could get your tasks done maintaining proper connections with whatever needed.
⚬ Fast Charging– In many of the cases observed laptops take too much to get fully charged. The gadget being portable needs to be charged as quickly as possible.
Laptops these days are inbuilt with fast charging feature that charges your gadget in a very short period of time.
You just need to discover your budget and if it allows adding on the fast charging feature then you may take further benefits along with the gadget.
⚬ Backlit keyboard – The keyboards are better when compared to regular ones because the users can easily access them in dark as well since the keys light up from behind.
They are extremely versatile therefore always go for laptops with backlit keyboards such as Apple MacBook Pro MNQG2LL/A & ASUS ZenBook UX303UB.
⚬ Fingerprint Reader – A finger print reader enables your laptop to easily identify you. It helps you in getting an easy as well as two way secured log-in options.
So, you cannot deny the fact that this feature will definitely deliver you with a better user experience.
⚬ Ports – Always providing good connectivity with other gadgets, ports do very much for the users. A port just allows an appropriate connection whenever needed.
Most of the laptops are having USB 3.0 ports and HDMI for videos. Nowadays, plenty of laptops have been given with USB Type-C or Thunderbolt 3 ports which are compatible with USB Type-C.
Owning a Type-C is benefitting as you can make connections with universal docks and charges at necessary moments.
Having knowledge of ports is also beneficial as it gets the purchase done as clean as clean with everything assembled at the right place and budget.
Gaming vs. Professional vs. 2-in-1 Laptops
⚬ Gaming Laptops– Gaming laptops have continued to entertain people and the craze is getting higher and higher with time. Asus ROG Strix GL502VS-DS71 being the best gaming laptop of the time having Intel i7-7700 HQ processor1070GTX graphic card and 16 GB DDR4.
The laptop includes everything which a gaming gadget should be installed with. Looking at the budget I would suggest getting gaming laptops with GTX 1060 GPUs.
It is also very common to grab one of the best gaming laptops under $1000 with major things installed reasonable to experience the power of gaming world.
⚬ Professional Laptops– Many of the reputed brands like Dell, Lenovo, HP, and Asus etc. have designed quality professional laptops which can be purchased at reasonable prices both online and offline.
Professional laptops are mostly light in weight as it needs to be comfortably portable for presentations and meetings.
These gadgets are mostly supposed to have Intel i7 processor with 12 or 16 GB RAM, serving suitable performance. Choices are many and the customer just needs to pick the right one meeting the budget.
⚬ 2-in 1 Laptops– One of the smartest inventions of the time are 2 in 1 laptops, performing both like a laptop and a tablet.
The best part being the price of thee laptops which has gone below the expectation and is never as before. Purchasing 2 in 1 laptops requires some points to be checked wisely.
- You must the appropriate size of the 2 in 1 gadget to need. These laptops range from 10 inches to 13 inches in size. Identify your purpose of purchase and fix with a suitable size.
- 2 –in-1 laptop have two models, the detachable one and the rotating hinge model. Customer can select any one of them according to the requirement.
- Making a proper choice of the best processor is must to experience outstanding results.
- The budget is the last thing which decides the entire model and takes you closer to the final purchasing. Spending few dollars extra to get something exceptional is always a smart move.
What’s Better Windows or MAC OS?
Mac or Windows, which one you should buy? Many customers have this question in their mind before purchasing a laptop.
The Apple’s Macintosh or the “Macbook” or “iMac” both run on the same operating system while Windows laptop is offered by many major brands such as Apple, Dell, Sony, HP, Acer, ASUS and Lenovo. The comparison between both of them requires a study of various factors.
One of the most important factors is the purpose of buying a laptop for instance you can buy a MacBook Pro if you are a designer by profession but gamers demand different features which they can get from a Windows laptop only.
Other aspects that will influence your choice are the cost of the product along with maintenance cost. If you want more security features then Mac’s are better while Window laptops are better when it comes to customization.
Shop Online or In-Store
Shopping things online is trending these days. A number of applications have been dealing in electronic gadgets of good quality and guarantee.
Purchasing things online is mostly benefiting for the customer as online stores offer exciting discounts and coupons and also the customer is allowed to return the product if not found quality.
Don’t Underestimate the Power of Online Deals.
Save Upto Rs. 6500 on Laptop Shopping.
There are plenty of reputed online stored providing laptops of all ranges to the people. One can trust any of them and get a deal done, grabbing the best discount offer of the time.
You need not visit anywhere and just need to pick the suitable one sitting at home with all comfort and ease.
Purchasing laptops at offline stores has its own benefits as the customer makes direct contact with the dealer and gets plenty of details of the laptop at the same time which was missing when purchase was made online.
A man to man interaction makes the process easier for the customer and one can go the respective store in case of issues related to the gadget.
Moreover, the offline store is eligible to solve internal detailed of the gadget even after it is being used for a good period of time.
You also get guarantee and warranty of the laptop thereby saving you from instant expenses related to the device.
Purchasing a laptop is not as easy as it looks like. One needs to plan everything according to the purpose of buying and appropriate selections have to be made for getting the best one home.
There are plenty of things to choose from and doing everything in quick succession is not possible and may include some errors if done in a hurry.
It needs everything planned before reaching the store as you just need to pick your choice in no time.
Reading guides before taking a step makes you aware of plenty of those things which were nowhere in your thoughts before and makes you detailed version of that thing. Same the case is with laptop.
Many people don’t even know what parts to know before making purchase and such category can benefit a lot from going through purchase guides.
They get the entire details of the gadget and will probably make a good purchase at the end.
Thanks For Reading !!
Save Electricty, Save Environment!